Just a Little Nutty Breakfast Delight
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups Snappy Grains
- ½ tsp or 2 sticks cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup almonds, slivered raisins or currants ¾ cup dried figs OR
- ½ cup cranberries OR
- ½ cup chopped apricots
1. Combine water and apple juice and bring to a boil in a heavy, medium sized saucepan.
2. Add Snappy Grains, all dry fruits and spices. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add almonds and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until dried fruits are soft.
4. Remove from heat and serve with milk, yogurt or brown sugar to taste.