Snappy Grains Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 5½ cups stock or mushroom broth
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Snappy Grains
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the carrots and celery and sauté for 30 seconds. Add garlic and mushrooms and stir to wilt the mushrooms.
2. Add the stock, bay leaf, soy sauce and pepper. Cover and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add Snappy Grains, cover and let simmer about 20 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste and sprinkle with green onions and parsley to serve.