Recipe by Liana Robberecht:
Executive Chef, WinSport, Calgary, Alberta.
Chef Liana says: "You can make these in a snap!"
- 1 ½ cups of Snappy Grains, cooked and then cooled
- ½ cup canned chick peas – puréed in a food processor
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup thinly sliced & chopped sweet onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Spice
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Cook Snappy Grains according to package and let cool.
2. In a mixing bowl add the cooked and cooled Snappy Grains, puréed chickpeas, red pepper, sweet onions, garlic, Montreal steak spice, dried parsley and dried oregano together. Add the egg, liquid smoke, salt & pepper, rolled oats, and flour. Mix until everything is combined.
3. Use an ice cream scoop to por on, press flat for a burger shape (should be about ¼ inch thick). In a heated nonstick pan, add a tablespoon of oil and fry each side for approximately 5 minutes each.
4. Build and garnish your burger to your desire and enjoy!