Recipe by Liana Robberecht:
Executive Chef, WinSport, Calgary, Alberta.
Chef Liana says: "You can make these in a snap!"
- 1 cup Snappy Grains, cooked and then cooled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
Chinook Honey Mustard Mayonnaise:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp Chinook Honey
- 2 tbsp Vermouth (optional)
1. Cook Snappy Grains according to package and let cool.
2. In a mixing bowl add the baking soda, dried parsley, garlic powder, dried tarragon, sea salt, onion, dry mustard and egg together. Stir in flour (add a touch of water if needed to adjust consistency).
3. Heat about 2 inches of oil in a heavy and deep pan or deep fryer to 365°F. Using a small cookie scoop or two spoons, drop about 1 tbsp of batter into hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes, flipping half-way through. *or cook in deep fryer*
4. Remove the fritters from the hot oil and let drain on paper towels. Season with salt while still warm. Serve warm with Chinook Honey Mustard Mayonnaise or a dipping sauce of your choice.