Recipe by Liana Robberecht:
Executive Chef, WinSport, Calgary, Alberta.
Chef Liana says: "You can make this in a snap!"
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Snappy Grains
- ¾ cup green onions, sliced
- ¾ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cucumbers, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp oregano leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- *you may also add goat or feta cheese to taste
1. Bring stock to boil in a small sauce pan. Stir in Snappy Grains, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer for 10 – 12 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, let cool, and chill in a refrigerator.
3. Mix together all other ingredients, until well incorporated.
4. Once barley is chilled, add barley to mixture and mix well.
5. Refrigerate for one hour prior to serving.
Place 3 to 4 tbsp of tabouleh on a flour tortilla and wrap tightly. Prepare wrap no more than 3 hours prior to serving – otherwise, water may leech out of tabouleh and make the tortilla mushy.